Welcome to Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum
.: Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum :.
 Home | Guest Book | Forums | Contact Us | Submit News | Search
   Welcome Guest! Click here to create an account. March 09, 2014  
 .:Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forums
· Recommend Us
· Search
· Statistics
· Submit Feedback
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Web Links
· Your Account

.:Who's Online
There are currently, 192 guest(s) and 8 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

.:Search

.:Prince2 ? General
Hopefully you will find this portal to be extremely valuable. If you have any suggestions or comments however, please make them via the feedback option above.

Important Note: Prince2 ? is a trademark of the Office of Government Commerce

.:Useful Info
OGC? - The owners of Prince2 ?
ITIL? ITIL Wiki?
IT Infrastructure Lib?
CMI - Chartered Management Institute

Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum: Forums

International Prince2 User Forum :: View topic - Basic Exam Information
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Basic Exam Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Prince2 User Forum Forum Index -> Compliance and Certification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Basic Exam Information Reply with quote

Am I correct in assuming that the foundation exam is a pre-requisite of the practitioners exam?

Also, what sort of time would be needed to prepare for these?

And another, how lengthy is each exam?

Can someone direct me?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reply to your question - the foundation exam is 1 hour long, 75 questions (multiple choice) and you have to score 50% to pass. The current pass rate for this exam is 99% and it is a pre-requisite of the practitioner exam.

The Practitioners exam is a 3 hour open book (you can have any reading material in the exam you want!!) 150 marks over 3 questions and you have to score 50%. Current country average for Uk is 65% pass rate.

The foundation exam can be passed if you can lay your hands on the multi media Visasure and VisaTest products but the practitioner is better tackled after at least a pre-exam day training course.

You can attend a five day cram course that has the foundation exam on the Wednesday and the practitioner on the Friday. Cost around ?1700 residential + VAT!!!

Good luck if you decide to do it - I have my foundation today and my practitioner on Friday!!!
MKL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that and good luck.

Do let us know how it went, and what it was like!
alfred

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Basic Exam Information Reply with quote

MKL wrote:
Am I correct in assuming that the foundation exam is a pre-requisite of the practitioners exam?

Also, what sort of time would be needed to prepare for these?

And another, how lengthy is each exam?

Can someone direct me?

Thank you.

You ought to pass the Foundation exam in order to have the Practitioner exam.

I suggest you take a course before you take the exams. The Practitioner exam is ... quite difficult (though I pass it with a mark > 80% ...hehe ... I have the required marks to become a trainer !).

Even you take the course, you need to study the materials ... I recall that I studied the materials till mid-night before the exam !
Bob

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred what is the trick or method in learning, I have been on a course but still lack that 100% for the exam.

Any suggestions would be good
alfred

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
Alfred what is the trick or method in learning, I have been on a course but still lack that 100% for the exam.

Any suggestions would be good

Mad Mad Mad

No trick ... just studying and ... actually I have plenty of experience in applying PRINCE2 before taking the exam. So when I had the course training, it was just to remind me what is the principle behind. IMHO, the course is just an "academic training", it lacks something in real life ... how to tailor PRINCE2. ... However, I have a lot of practice ... before the course... I had already prepared the PID, PD, etc. before the course. So for me, I have some advantages before the exam.

While I had the group exercise discussion, I always tried to discuss with my team how to apply PRINCE2 for that scenario rather than "memorise" the PRINCE2 terms... such as how to manage "exception", the comparison of a "100% PRINCE2" project and real life project... (have you had a Mandate or Brief first before conducting a Project ... though theoretically an email could be a Brief...)

Some thing interesting is: - recall the PLAN? Actually IMHO, project plan = stage plan = exception plan etc. (The Plan is the "bottom block" of the 8 process). The components of the PLAN is the same for project plan, .... But I recall that some "classmates" always think that they are different. They are different --- only at the timing.
Bob

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on the stage plan, project plan etc, but the book does however mention slight differences as to when they are planned etc.

Ok, maybe I get lucky the second time round on the exam Sad
alfred

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
I agree with you on the stage plan, project plan etc, but the book does however mention slight differences as to when they are planned etc.

Ok, maybe I get lucky the second time round on the exam Sad

The basics and techniques are the same for the PL. However, one should aware that the level of details and objectives are different.

We want plan details work package under the Project Plan. Stage planning is actually very similar to exception planning.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Prince2 User Forum Forum Index -> Compliance and Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: