Welcome to Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum
.: Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum :.
 Home | Guest Book | Forums | Contact Us | Submit News | Search
   Welcome Guest! Click here to create an account. March 09, 2014  
 .:Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forums
· Recommend Us
· Search
· Statistics
· Submit Feedback
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Web Links
· Your Account

.:Who's Online
There are currently, 172 guest(s) and 12 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

.:Search

.:Prince2 ? General
Hopefully you will find this portal to be extremely valuable. If you have any suggestions or comments however, please make them via the feedback option above.

Important Note: Prince2 ? is a trademark of the Office of Government Commerce

.:Useful Info
OGC? - The owners of Prince2 ?
ITIL? ITIL Wiki?
IT Infrastructure Lib?
CMI - Chartered Management Institute

Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum: Forums

International Prince2 User Forum :: View topic - Prince3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prince3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Prince2 User Forum Forum Index -> General Prince2 Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prince3 Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Prince3 Reply with quote

Can anyone speculate on whether there is a Prince3 planned, or on the agenda at all?

I heard something the other day, but I'm guessing it was utter nonesense. Is anyone positioned to confirm this though?
TrainerRay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: PRINCE3 Guy Reply with quote

I don't believe there is any intention to move to PRINCE3. Remember that PRINCE2 is only called that as a result of making the method generic. It used to be specific to IT. There will of course continue to be updates to the manual - but no new method as such.
alfred

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Prince3 Reply with quote

Prince3 Guy wrote:
Can anyone speculate on whether there is a Prince3 planned, or on the agenda at all?

I heard something the other day, but I'm guessing it was utter nonesense. Is anyone positioned to confirm this though?

PRINCE -> PRINCE2: to make the PRINCE2 more applicable for all industry/project

Since then, as far as I know, there will be no PRINCE3 .... there will be incremental upgrades to the PRINCE2 and the name will not be changed any more.
jlynch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Prince development Reply with quote

More work needs to be done to develop Prince for projects in Local authority enviroments were there is no clear distinction between user and supplier interest
AndyMurray

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: PRINCE2 Refresh Project Reply with quote

Hi All

I've just been appointed bu OGC/TSO as the lead author for the PRINCE2 refresh project.

My first task is to produce a Consultation Report (for the submission to the project board) on what the users want in/out of the method. While the official consultation period has closed I'm still interested (and required to) gather input from as broad a range of users as possible.

Therefore I'm interested in:
- 3 things you love about PRINCE2
- 3 things you hate
- What do you consider to be the 'essential elements' of PRINCE2 (i.e. if they were to be changed it would no longer be PRINCE2)
- Any other input you'd like to share

I'm submitting my report at the end of May, so any input before 22nd May will be consider.

Thank You.

Regards
Andy

Outperform - Bids, Projects, Programmes - The Accredited Consulting Organisation
Admin2

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: PRINCE2 Refresh Project Reply with quote

AndyMurray wrote:
I've just been appointed bu OGC/TSO as the lead author for the PRINCE2 refresh project.

Congratulations Andy.

I guess one question worth asking straight off the bat, because we have been asked this often, will the next version be PRINCE3, or still PRINCE2?

Hopefully you will get a lot of feedback though: it's a golden opportunity for users to have an input.
AndyMurray

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: PRINCE2 Refresh Project Reply with quote

As far as I'm aware it will not be called PRINCE3.

There was a debate to return it to PRINCE, but I think the current consenss is to keep it as PRINCE2.

All will be clear in September when the scoping document for the refresh is signed-off.

Will keep you posted.

regards
Andy

Outperform - Bids, Projects, Programmes - The Accredited Consulting Organisation
AndyMurray

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Mandate For Change Reply with quote

The Public Scoping Document and the Mandate For Change were formally released at the Best Practice Showcase this week.

The can be found on the Best Management Practice website or indeed via the Outperfor website.

Regards
andy

alaind123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Andy,

Sorry for the off-topic, but has your white paper about 'PMI vs Prince 2' been published ? As newbie in this matter, I would be pleased to read your paper.

Cheers !
Alain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Prince2 User Forum Forum Index -> General Prince2 Issues All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: