Welcome to Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum
.: Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum :.
 Home | Guest Book | Forums | Contact Us | Submit News | Search
   Welcome Guest! Click here to create an account. March 09, 2014  
 .:Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forums
· Recommend Us
· Search
· Statistics
· Submit Feedback
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Web Links
· Your Account

.:Who's Online
There are currently, 172 guest(s) and 14 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

.:Search

.:Prince2 ? General
Hopefully you will find this portal to be extremely valuable. If you have any suggestions or comments however, please make them via the feedback option above.

Important Note: Prince2 ? is a trademark of the Office of Government Commerce

.:Useful Info
OGC? - The owners of Prince2 ?
ITIL? ITIL Wiki?
IT Infrastructure Lib?
CMI - Chartered Management Institute

Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum: Forums

International Prince2 User Forum :: View topic - Prince2 in New York City
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prince2 in New York City

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Prince2 User Forum Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sara

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Prince2 in New York City Reply with quote

Please can you let me know if you can recommend an ATO Training establishment in New York City, as I would like to take the Prince2 training course there.

Do you have an idea of the length of the course and cost? I would like to do classroom-based training. I am seeking a public course rather than going through an employer.

Thank you
lowendtech

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Boston University is an ATO Reply with quote

Hi Sara,
I don't know of any ATOs in NYC. As far as I know Boston University is the only ATO available in the East coast. I, too, wish that there is an ATO in NYC so that I don't have go to Boston for the classes.

Terry
sara

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Great to get a reply from you. I was wondering if anyone read these boards ..... Laughing

Yes, I to only found that Boston University carry out the training. I did some further investigation and found that a number of ATO's are willing to inhouse training which does not suit me as I will be funding myself and not going via an employer. No-one seems to cater or offer courses for people in this situation. I think they should consider this to.

I noted that the course is 1 week which is very intensive. I would very much like to spread it out over a 4 week period which would involve say class once a week and exercerises/study/discussion/workshops scheduled over the other days. Somewhere very central in NYC would be perfect.

Cool Well, that's my ideal. Cool

What do you think?

Best wishes. Smile
lowendtech

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Registered with BU on Feb Reply with quote

It seems that all ATOs run the PRINCE2 classes with the same format (3 days foundation and 2 days practitioner) even in UK... Surely it'd be great if they can spread the class duration over multiple weeks so learners can take time to understand (digest!!!) individual processes.
PaulAtkin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: PRINCE2 in NYC Reply with quote

We don't have PRINCE2 courses in NYC (yet) but why don't you combine your buying power with others and we'll put one on for you?

Mail me on this

Paul Atkin
info@advantagelearning.co.uk
lowendtech

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: BU class experience was great Reply with quote

Sara,
Just returned from the BU's PRINCE2 classes and I enjoyed so much. I might want to consider going there since there might not be any PRINCE2 classes in NYC any time soon...
GregT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my PRINCE2 classes in Dallas, TX at True Solution Inc. (TSI). It was a one-week course that included both Foundation (2-days) and Practitioner (3-days). You can take them separately as well. Exams were included in the cost. One week is tough to pass the Practitioner level, if you don't have prior PRINCE2 experience. I re-took the exam in March and probably passed it. My experience with TSI is very positive.

As far as I know, Boston Universitiy and TSI are the only schools teaching PRINCE2 in the U.S. right now. There may be more as interest in PRINCE2 rises in the U.S.
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PaulAtkin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Prince2 in New York City Reply with quote

[quote="sara"]Please can you let me know if you can recommend an ATO Training establishment in New York City, as I would like to take the Prince2 training course there.

Sara,

We now have a public schedule in Manhattan. Very Happy

I'll be giving the next course, starting September 18. There are still a few places available - mail me if you would like to attend either the Foundation or the Practitioner class.

Regards

Paul Atkin
PRINCE2 Approved Trainer
Advantage Learning Ltd
GregT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, Paul. I will let others know, if I find anyone with interest in PRINCE2 training in the U.S. Do you have a public schedule?

The school I attended, TSI, no longer lists any PRINCE2 classes on their public calendar.

Greg
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PaulAtkin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Greg,

The New York course is now full

We're taking names of those interested in taking the next class. Once we have enough, we'll schedule a date and announce it here.

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Prince2 User Forum Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: