Welcome to Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum
.: Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum :.
 Home | Guest Book | Forums | Contact Us | Submit News | Search
   Welcome Guest! Click here to create an account. March 09, 2014  
 .:Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forums
· Recommend Us
· Search
· Statistics
· Submit Feedback
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Web Links
· Your Account

.:Who's Online
There are currently, 193 guest(s) and 8 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

.:Search

.:Prince2 ? General
Hopefully you will find this portal to be extremely valuable. If you have any suggestions or comments however, please make them via the feedback option above.

Important Note: Prince2 ? is a trademark of the Office of Government Commerce

.:Useful Info
OGC? - The owners of Prince2 ?
ITIL? ITIL Wiki?
IT Infrastructure Lib?
CMI - Chartered Management Institute

Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum: Forums

International Prince2 User Forum :: View topic - Expand on Configuration Audit for Me Please.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expand on Configuration Audit for Me Please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Prince2 User Forum Forum Index -> Compliance and Certification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martiny

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Expand on Configuration Audit for Me Please. Reply with quote

Hi Guys
The Glossary defines Configuration Audit as:
the comparison of product's latest version compared to product author's.

What does this really mean?
Is it like a mini Quality Review? Do we compare what was written in the Product Description, to what we hold in Configuration Management?

It specifically states "version", so if I am making a product, do I make several versions before I make one that is "fit for purpose" , and before I make one that passes Quality Review?
alfred

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Expand on Configuration Audit for Me Please. Reply with quote

martiny wrote:
Hi Guys
The Glossary defines Configuration Audit as:
the comparison of product's latest version compared to product author's.

What does this really mean?
Is it like a mini Quality Review? Do we compare what was written in the Product Description, to what we hold in Configuration Management?

It specifically states "version", so if I am making a product, do I make several versions before I make one that is "fit for purpose" , and before I make one that passes Quality Review?

Quality and Configuration Management (in PRINCE2, NOT audit) are 2 different components. They are different.

Quality in a layman point of view is how good the Product produced.

Configuration management, ... actaully is more related to the "operation needs" rather than project needs.

For instance,

I am making a table. The PC size should be 4 ft W x 3 ft D x 3 ft H and should be fire-proofing. Thus the Quality will be,

Width - 3' 11" to 4' 1"
Height etc.

However the table may have different version, say the material may be aluminium with round corners and we may have different combinations of the "legs" etc. Thus, the configuration mgt is: (in project sense), we use the aluminium instead of steel in the final version.
martiny

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for that, I understand the difference between Quality and Configuration Management.

But I still dont get what a Configuration Audit is. To be honest, I have not looked in the book to find out yet, so maybe I need to do that first Smile
alfred

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martiny wrote:
Ok, thanks for that, I understand the difference between Quality and Configuration Management.

But I still dont get what a Configuration Audit is. To be honest, I have not looked in the book to find out yet, so maybe I need to do that first Smile

Sorry I misunderstand your question...

Configuration Audit is not a PRINCE2 stuff. It may be interpretated in different ways.

I will say, Configuration Audit will be --- how to make sure the Configuration to be done in a quality way then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Prince2 User Forum Forum Index -> Compliance and Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: