Welcome to Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum
.: Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum :.
 Home | Guest Book | Forums | Contact Us | Submit News | Search
   Welcome Guest! Click here to create an account. March 09, 2014  
 .:Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Forums
· Recommend Us
· Search
· Statistics
· Submit Feedback
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Web Links
· Your Account

.:Who's Online
There are currently, 179 guest(s) and 11 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

.:Search

.:Prince2 ? General
Hopefully you will find this portal to be extremely valuable. If you have any suggestions or comments however, please make them via the feedback option above.

Important Note: Prince2 ? is a trademark of the Office of Government Commerce

.:Useful Info
OGC? - The owners of Prince2 ?
ITIL? ITIL Wiki?
IT Infrastructure Lib?
CMI - Chartered Management Institute

Prince2 ? and Project Management Forum: Forums

International Prince2 User Forum :: View topic - PRINCE2 Maturity Model (P2MM)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PRINCE2 Maturity Model (P2MM)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Prince2 User Forum Forum Index -> Compliance and Certification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyMurray

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: PRINCE2 Maturity Model (P2MM) Reply with quote

The OGC have published a PRINCE2 manturity model and the APMG have accredited a number of consulting organisations to conduct assessments using it.

Organisations can now determine how well they have implemented, tailored and institutionalised PRINCE2. The maturity model only goes up to level 3 since PRINCE2 itself does not address the wider aspects of creating a project management capability (i.e. it is project specific). There is a complementary model - the portfolio, programme and project management maturity model (P3M3) which can be used to address the wider aspects of project management.

If you are a supplier organisation which tenders for government work, then gaining accreditation against these two models will help significantly.

I was discussing this issue with a senior buyer from the UK government last week and he confirmed that the days of asking suppliers to submit PRINCE2 Practitioner Certificates will soon be over. With over 200,000 project managers holding such certificate you can see why procurement professionals no longer see it as an evidence of project management capability. In fact it might be hard to find an organisation which doesn't have a PRINCE2 practitioner.

If anyone wants to now more about P2MM or P3M3 and the accreditation process I'd be happy to send some details (I'm a registered consultant accredited to conduct such assessments!)

Regards
Andy

Outperform - Bids, Projects, Programmes - The Accredited Consulting Organisation
Admin2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Why not post it, or some of it, here (assuming you are able viz copyright)? I'm sure large numbers would find it to be extremely useful.

AdminGuy

[FootNote: No links in the forum though, or word for word re-publication of material on other sites]
AndyMurray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: OGC's Maturity Models Reply with quote

I'm not sure how to upload files to this site. The PRINCE2 Maturity Model (P2MM) and the Portfolio, Programme and Project Management Maturity Model (P3M3) can be found on the OGC's website.

I'm in the process of writing an article on project management maturity models if you'd provide details of how to post items to this site I'd be happy to share it.

Regards
Andy

Outperform - Bids, Projects, Programmes - The Accredited Consulting Organisation
Admin2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

No problem. Just mail us using the Feedback Form when you are ready.

Thanks.

AdminGuy
AndyMurray

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: P3M3 and P2MM Whitepaper Reply with quote

We've now published our whitepaper. I've sent you a link to the downloads part of our website. It will soon be available from the OGC's 'Get Best Practice' website too.

Regards
Andy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Prince2 User Forum Forum Index -> Compliance and Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: